MIDCONTINENT WARM WATER FISH CULTURE WORKSHOP
February 5–7, 2018
The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission is your host for the annual Midcontinent Warm Water Fish Culture Workshop. This year’s workshop will include presentations on topics such as…
• Fish culture research
• Hatchery production methods
• Hatchery construction/renovation
• Experimental or new techniques
• New products/equipment
• Fish transportation
• Fish feed/diet studies
• Contribution of hatchery fish to the fishery
• Spawning methods/techniques
• Non-salmonid fish vaccines
• Aquatic nuisance species/control
• Record keeping/computer programs
• Biosecurity/HACCP plans
• Vegetation control
Attending the AFS 2017 meeting in Tampa? Join us for the Fish Culture Section Business meeting!
We will be meeting in Meeting Room 11 (MW3) at the Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel and Marina on Sunday, August 20, from 3:00 to 5:00 pm. We will be presenting two Awards of Excellence, two Student Travel Awards and a lot of other information about the Section including the budget for next year. We will also install the new slate of officers who will hold office for the next two years.
All are welcome–please join us and find out more about what the Section is doing!